Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Fine Frenzy's Third Album, PINES, Worth Checking Out!

This album is more than just a collection of songs but a story, a fable actually about a pining tree. It was released along with an animated short film and a companion book illustrated by Jen Lobo.

Alison Sudol (A Fine Frenzy) described PINES as a place you could go to feel.

"Sometimes I feel like the world has been strapped onto the back of a giant rocket and it's hurtling us into the unknown at a pace we're not entirely equipped to deal with. All kinds of things are falling off, good and bad. It's a crazy, exciting, terrifying time- so much is changing, and fast. Yet some of the most wonderful things in the world are slow- rivers and seasons and turning leaves and growing older with the ones you love. I wanted to create an environment where a person could retreat to, somewhere vivid and real where their minds and hearts could wander freely. I wanted it to be a place you could go to feel, like a quiet spot in a forest or the sea on a cloudy day."

Also, check out the video below to learn more about inspiration behind the short film "A Story of Pines"!


As a big A Fine Frenzy fan ("Ashes and Wine" and "Almost Lover" are two of my favorite songs!), I must admit I think I like the first two albums better. However, I did enjoy it and certainly appreciate it's uniqueness. It was not what I expected but I was not disappointed. Check it out and I'd be interested in knowing what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment