Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog!
My name is Kara Monterey and the purpose of this blog is to discuss and share my favorite things (quotes, literature, music, films, etc.), issues and ideas that are important to me, as well as some of my own personal thoughts and reflections. I hope that you find this blog to be interesting, inspiring, thought-provoking, or at least somewhat entertaining! If you would like to contact me, my email address is email@example.com or you can find me on Twitter (@KMonterey).
If you've explored my blog, you may have already noticed that I am a big fan of making lists, especially somewhat random ones! Therefore, it seems quite appropriate that I tell you a little more about myself via a random list as well. Maybe you'll find that we have something in common, or maybe you won't, but either way, thanks again for stopping by!
27 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me:
1. Kara Monterey is actually a pseudonym. Kara is my real first name, but I don't blog using my real last name (O'Shaughnessey) because it's too hard for most people to spell, pronounce, or google.
2. My hometown is Fort Wayne, Indiana. I currently live in Indianapolis.
3. One of my all time favorite songs is "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice.
4. Someday, I'd love to spend six months each in New Zealand, Hawaii, and London. And a bunch of other places, but right now those are my top three!
5. I took tap dancing lessons for fifteen years.
6. I have four siblings. They are all younger than me and they are all girls! Yes, everyone always feels sorry for my Dad.
7. I love willow trees.
8. I used to have a mug that said, "No Coffee, No Workee." I lost the mug, but the saying still applies. Without coffee, I am a very unproductive and unhappy person!
9. I graduated from Purdue University. I was a Statistics major. Boiler Up!
10. I used to be a caddy. I was terrible at finding lost balls. It was a high school job.
11. I'd rather be able to fly than be invisible.
12. I'm definitely an introvert.
13. I love libraries. I've loved them since I was a little girl. I used to dream of being a librarian some day. I still do sometimes.
14. I love Mexican food! Enchiladas are my favorite:)
15. I dream of someday writing a hit song.
16. Sometimes I do paint by numbers to relax.
17. Some of my guilty pleasures include gossip magazines, reality television, and scratch off lottery tickets.
18. Two quotations I tend to repeat to myself frequently are, "It costs something to be who you are." and "It's never too late to be who you might have been."
19. My favorite piece of advice is by Rainer Maria Rilke, "Have patience with everything that remains unresolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experienced everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day."
20. My favorite candy is dark chocolate. And it's good for me, right?!
21. I'm only 5'2.'' This occasionally turns everyday chores into semi-acrobatic routines.
22. I have an Irish heritage and I'm proud of it!
23. I love Reisling. I especially love drinking Reisling on my balcony on hot summer nights.
24. Still reading? I'm impressed! I tend to assume everyone has as short of attention span as I do.
25. I cannot parallel park. I never even try.
26. Astronomy fascinates me.
27. My favorite charity is Doctors Without Borders.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me:) Thanks again for taking the time to check out my blog and please click here if you wish to subscribe via email. Cheers!
Side note: For work, I manage various websites based on specific topics such as healthy eating, beauty and makeup, short films, and digital currencies, but this is my personal blog. It's also the one that means the most to me.
Here are a list of my other websites if you happen to be interested in checking them out.
Eat Groovy: http://www.eatgroovy.com/
Kara's Glamour Blog: http://karasglamourblog.blogspot.com/
Must See Shorts: http://mustseeshorts.blogspot.com/
Eat Groovy Healthy Recipes: http://eatgroovyrecipes.blogspot.com/
The Digital Currency Blog: http://thedigitalcurrencyblog.blogspot.com/
An Inspiration Book: http://aninspirationbook.com/
KaraM Poetry: http://karampoetry.blogspot.com/